Thursday 28 February 2013

Week 186: Missing.

The term "I miss you" is a funny one. I've been thinking about it all week and how it feels to miss certain people. Some times it feels right to say it, but other times when I say it, it doesn't feel right.

It obviously depends on who I am missing. When you think about it, how else do you say you miss someone without actually saying it? What other terms are there?

In French it doesn't translate as "I miss you". "Tu me manques" which translates closer to "you are missing from me". This makes more sense and I am a firm believer of good logic when it comes to displaying emotions. To be missed is a rather flattering compliment in my eyes.

Thanks.
Dan.














This was a quick shot in a small bar in Battery, Lower Manhattan. That drink was work a lot of money. I miss New York like I miss a fond relative. 

Song listening to right now: Highwayman - Highwaymen

No comments:

Post a Comment