Sunday 10 January 2010

Week 31: Playful.

This week has brought me back to Nottingham, a place that I feel can have it's ups and downs. I enjoy being around people that make me feel comfortable. I can feel a wash through me as I look at a different town, a wash that cleanses my mind of all routine. As humans, we don't naturally analyze the mind's routine, but it is this meta-cognition that shows a brilliant and vast desert of dry thoughts. I have been attempting to thwart this standard way of thinking with the aim of being a little more playful with my creativity, if I can pick apart my own mind's routine in the same way I do my body's, I can control how I pick apart photography. I like using humor in photography and I like to be subtle with it, but I also enjoy being playful in the experimental sense. If a human's mind can choose to be playful, instead of straight and sensible, will it be able control the path to achievement in the same way?

Thanks for reading,
Dan.



This was taking on a 35mm in Venice, Italy. I think a lot of what pleases my own mind rather than others, I play with this and see what product I can manufacture. That is all a photograph is to me, a product of my mind.


Song listening to right now: Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

No comments:

Post a Comment