Monday 24 May 2010

Week 50: Constructing the image II.

In the wake of last week, I have determined the route I want my current photographs to travel down. I asked myself, what constitutes a snapshot? Spontaneity? Nostalgia? These two things are related to the snapshot but I hadn't thought about it properly. The production of the snapshot is instant but the result is consequently Nostalgic. Human mannerisms come and go, but they are what keep familiarity within portraits.

Thankyou.
D.



This is the first time I have posted a variation of the previous week and it probably won't be the last. I think that I prefer this photograph to the last photograph. It is a reminder of the true image, and truth provokes thought. The cognitive reception of my photographs is the most important part of constructing them in the first place.

Song listening to right now: Onions - John Lee Hooker

No comments:

Post a Comment