Sunday 11 September 2011

Week 115: 9/11.

What can I say? There's not much to say right? I'm not an American, but I just spent the ten year anniversary of the 9/11 bombings in Lower Manhattan, New York. I'm an alien, I felt bad for feeling any emotions. It almost felt like I didn't deserve to feel sad. That didn't stop the emotions from flooding in though. I got up at 7am and went down to Lower Manhattan this morning to see how close I could get to the memorial and listen to the names being called out. By the time I got down to Battery Park, I was already feeling my vocal chords tighten up and goosebumps were appearing up and down me. I then hung around Battery for a while, looking out at the Statue of Liberty and then looking back on the thousands of flags scattered around the park for each life that was lost. I then thought it was time we started making our way down to the memorial. With my gaze fixed on the Freedom Tower, I started marching. This is what I came across at precisely 9:11am...

Carry on reading.
Daniel.




A leap of Faith. 9:11am September 11th 2011.

The entire day was full of emotional, physical and shocking moments. I managed to capture a lot of these and I promise you that you will witness an influx of photographs from this day in particular.

Song listening to right now: Conclusion of an Age - Sylosis

No comments:

Post a Comment