Monday 20 August 2012

Week 160: Meet. Repeat.

Last week I wrote about people coming back from my past and making me a happy guy. However, I forgot to mention the amount of new people I have encountered and how happy they make me. There are specific individuals that have become close to me. I appreciate them so much, the things they do for me, the late night phone calls, the little things they send to me to cheer me up. Some times you meet someone out of nowhere and within weeks they just naturally understand you. It's an amazing phenomenon that I rarely experience in my life. Everyone has their own connections between others and themselves. I understand that some people like to cut those connections and leave them dangling so that another connection can come along and tie themselves to that thread. But that's not how I work, I don't cut, I make new connections. I don't link anything up. Everything is separate. I don't look at my friends as a group, I appreciate them for the individual people they are. I have individual connections with them, that are unique to our friendships. The lines never cross. 

So this is a big thank you to the people I've met recently and all the people I've met before but only just got to know. My heart goes out to the one's that are entering my life and giving me the laughs that I need. These are the people that matter, the one's that just... understand.

D.




By no means does this mean I do not appreciate my old friends or anyone else. This is just a specific thank you to the beautiful people who enter my life.


Song listening to right now: I Tore You Apart In My Head - Balance and Composure

No comments:

Post a Comment