Sunday 25 December 2011

Week 128: A sense of direction.

I look back at the 9/11 memorial morning sometimes and I think about the half an hour or so where I was wandering through the streets of Lower Manhattan, a little lost and confused. They had closed some of the main roads/footpaths. The police kept telling everybody different things, some roads kept opening and closing. It was rather confusing. I just wanted to get to where I wanted to be, I had a sense of direction but I could not use it. I feel that right now, with my future. I know exactly where I want to be, but there are some aspects restricting me from getting there. I will find a way to use my compass, I just need to blow the dust off it first.

Keep reading.
Daniel.



This photograph was taken that morning. We were asking the police officers where to go. We got numerous answers that were all completely different and ended up walking in a complete circle. I stopped and got breakfast in a deli, I thought I might as well just wait it out and then they would have settled with some concrete pedestrian diversion. I came out the deli and saw this officer directing people. He pointed me in the right direction and I didn't even notice his elbow tattoo until weeks later when I saw the picture expanded on my computer screen.

Song listening to right now: Rise, Rebel, Resist - Otep

No comments:

Post a Comment