Tuesday 4 September 2012

Week 162: No Respect.

The harsh truth that everyone is hiding from you. You're not doing any favours for yourself, you're losing friends and making enemies. People are laughing at you and people are talking about you. Don't shoot the messenger because I have not contributed to anything negative. People have lost all respect for you I'm afraid, but at least you're happy right? My advice to you is to just keep doing what makes you happy, but never lose sight of where you want to be. If you commit yourself to your dreams people will respect you. You have that in you, people still believe in you so hold on to your ambitions. You're slipping but don't let go.

A friend of mine posted a status on that infamous website stating: "You'll only lose something if you decide to let it go"

The first comment was from a person who I will name "Anon" and the second from Me. This is how the conversation of comments went...


Anon: I wish that were true :(

Me: That is True.

Anon: I didn't decided to go.. he did.

Me: Yeah and he lost you.

Anon: Yet I'm feeling loss and he isn't?

Me: Look at is like this;
the one who decided to cling on is the one who shouldn't have been let go of. They are the one with the commitment and dedication to what they believe in. So therefore it's his loss. He might not realise it just yet, but he will. He lost something that was worth clinging on to.

Me: It's not only relevant to relationships. It is true with band members, employment, inspirations, dreams and ideas. Hold on to what you believe in, to what you are dedicated to and what you've committed yourself to. It's the people that cling on to these things that are worth anything. I don't know you very well, in fact I barely know you at all but you're a clinger, which will pay off in your future. Whereas people who give up on things will constantly be starting from scratch and will be taking one step forward and two steps back.

Anon: It wasn't a relationship anyway.. just.. a friendship, you think that'd mean something.

Me: A friendship is a relationship.

People who give up on real dedication and turn their life into a series of distractions, convenient pairing-up and meaningless encounters have no right to try and destroy someone else's life. They have no right to put down the people that are trying their hardest and clinging on to what they have always believed in.

Live your own life to the full for God's sake.

Some people may take this blog as an insult, and if you do, just stop for one second before you jump at my throat. At first glance you will want to fight with what I am saying, you will want to prove me wrong, but just wait. Think about your dreams and ambitions. Think about the people that said they would always be there to help you through the hard times and finally reach that goal. That is what I do, I stop, I think and I weigh out the advice with patience and couth. I think about my best friends, I think about the ones that will never give up on me, the ones that give me that strength, that fuel to carry on through all the hard times and help me endure the daggers that have been flung at my face to try and stop me from succeeding. I'm writing this entry with adrenaline rushing through my body and my blood pumping through my veins. My friends and my family are the ones that deserve a slice of cake at the end of my battles and I'll serve it to them.

Dan.

http://payload21.cargocollective.com/1/5/186892/2724061/DSC_0137resize.jpg

Never give up in what you believe in. Just don't do it. It doesn't matter what it is or what other people think of it. Just keep yourself commited to your beliefs.

Song listening to right now: New Noise - Refused

No comments:

Post a Comment