Tuesday 11 September 2012

Week 163: A State of Utter Happiness.

I've been on the pursuit of happiness for a long time now. I spent a long time searching, wading through the thick waves of social life, wrestling with emotions and sparring with anxiety. Then suddenly one day I decided to stop. To just... stop.

It walked straight into my life. As soon as I stopped pursuing happiness, it decided to pursue me. Everything is going great for me, my career is going really well, I'm getting a great reputation around London, I'm finally back into the world of music and someone great has walked into my life. Someone caring, someone selfless and someone that has an extreme talent to make others in the vicinity smile. That person is a great friend and also a fantastic conversationist. I've never had conversations like this before. There are things brought up that mean a lot to me, I've opened up and spoken about things so honestly. I have always been honest with everyone I meet but now I have no reason to hide my past. It's just a truly natural feeling and I am happy. I've got a bright future ahead of me and because of this I am drowned in glee, engulfed with the feeling that things are going to go my way. I have some exciting plans for my future and I have an enduring amount of respect for everyone that has supported me and my plans. It's those intimate, close moments with friends that will stick by me and never leave my memory.

I'd really like to thank my friends, everyone that surrounds me has been so great to me. They've offered their homes, their time and they've created memories with me that will stay with me until the end. I have people that I can phone up at any hour if I need guidance or support. Those are my heroes.

"I've got some friends, some that I hardly know
But we've had some times, I wouldn't trade for the world"


Thanks for reading.
Daniel.















I think it's appropriate to post one of the photographs from the 9/11 memorial due to the date this post is being published. This was taken at the 10th Memorial in 2011. Families and close loved ones stick together through hard times (I am by no means comparing what I've been through to the disaster that took place in New York, it's just a photograph of mine that I think is symbolic of mutual emotions). It is the people that have stuck by you, since the day you met that you must stick with in times of dire need. To be happy, you must surround yourself with people who make you happy. It's fine to be sad with those people but when all the tears have been shed you can celebrate the good times with them. I'm happy that I have someone I can call up late at night and completely pour my heart out to. Thank you, you make me smile.


Song listening to right now: Dark Days - Parkway Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment