Monday 26 November 2012

Week 173: Changing.

So things are changing. Change is inevitable but it is also something that can be altered. I know it may sound stupid "you can change, change" but it is possible. For example you are sailing out at sea, you are going in the correct direction and suddenly the wind changes. Your course has now changed, therefore your destination has changed. You can alter them change of destination by amending the sails so that your course will return to what it was before and then your destination shall reset also.

If something in your life is changing and you don't want it to, you can't really do much about it apart from amend the situation so the change turns out to be positive instead of negative. So you actually alter the resulting effect of it.

Keep a good grip on the reins, because by my experience if you let go, you will get lost.

Daniel.


















I went to go see Rob again. He tells me he has a job now, that he's starting to get happy again. He told me that he had a lot of qualifications back in the day. He just got into a routine of not wanting to do anything with them. He also tells me that I am the closest thing he's had to a friend in a long time.

That really effected me. It made me feel something I have not felt in a long time. I don't want to say it made me feel "appreciated" because I get that feeling a lot, there are a few people out there that really appreciate me. This was different, it was almost as though I had changed someone's life a little bit. Giving someone the time of day, some lunch and money for a haircut actually changed someone's life. It restored Rob's faith in humanity and has given him the positivity and motivation to pick himself up. I am proud of myself, even if I do sound big headed, I think I deserve to sound like that. Just by a few small gestures of kindness I taught someone not to give up.

Song listening to right now: This is The Six - While She Sleeps

No comments:

Post a Comment