Sunday 8 January 2012

Week 130: Protocol.

So when all things go from bad to worse and you have to look to people, people that are important to you. I've done that recently and its given me a hell of a lot of motivation. I feel an utter sense of panic every time I realise how reckless I have been with my choices in life. I feel inferior to those that have everything planned out, those that have got themselves into a trade from a young age and focused their school, college and university choices on were they see themselves in the future. However, some of the most fascinating and inspiring people that I have met just improvised with their lives. They had the tools they needed to be able to do what they want when they want and somehow make it fit all together. Do you ever feel like you've done that? I'm sure if you have done it successfully, you would not realise it. So this idea of doing what you have to do, is not the be all and end all. I'll get to where I need to be through a combination of choices that will come to me as I go. In the world of music, my forte has always been improvisation. I have an ample amount of theoretical knowledge that lets me improvise in almost any genre. If I've got the mental tools, I can use them to get to where I need to be. Happiness is a hard thing to find and I think people can also find it separate to their place in society. Yes, you may go through this protocol of what you need to do, but running parallel to this may be the thing that makes you happy, it doesn't always have to be at the end of those aforementioned choices.

Thanks.
D.



This again was taken on the tenth 9/11 memorial. Throughout all of this woman's duties. She keeps what makes her happiest close to her, and that link to family runs completely parallel to her duties as a police officer. She keeps her duties as both a police officer and a mother running in two parallel lines, close to each other but still separate. There is a reason she's not on the other side of that barrier.

Song listening to right now: A Real Hero - Electric Youth

No comments:

Post a Comment